Thursday, March 19, 2009

One of my earliest memories as a little girl was knowing what made a good twirly dress. I remember shopping with my mother and putting my nose in the air over many of her suggestions for purchases because I knew what she didn't...... If it didn't have a long loose skirt part, it wouldn't twirl and if it didn't twirl I didn't want it. I wish I had pictures of those dresses but it doesn't really matter, I remember many of them and I have vivid memories of twirling away.. especially on Tuesdays during primary on the big green lawn in front of the old white church in downtown St. Johns. I don't think twirly dresses will ever go out of style. All of my little girls have had them and Amelia is no exception. Twirl away my pretty girl.








3 comments:

nicole said...

I, too, can remember some of my very favorite dresses as a little girl. Ruby also has her favorites for sure (because they're the ones I'm throwing in the wash every other day)!

Your pictures are so beautiful! I LOVE the one where her face is towards the sun...there seems to be so much feeling and emotion attached to it, and the lighting is beautiful. Great job, Shannon.

Celeste said...

I love these pics Shannon!

You know, I don't really know how I got the blogger header off. I didn't even realize there are blogs with it on there! And for my header I never use templates, I just use Photoshop to create them everytime. Its way easy. Let me know if you need help!

AZ Woodards said...

Shannon--I can't believe I waited so long to see your blog. Once again you have done a fabulous job with your pictures. You have a beautiful family. We miss you.
Suzanne W.