Monday, June 15, 2009

OUR HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE


After 12 years of school Ammah
has graduated from Red Mountain
High School. It has been a
wonderful journey. Lets take a
quick look from the beginning.


17 and 1/2 years ago David and I
brought our sweet little Ammah into
this world. It was the most
special day we had ever experienced.
What joy and happiness she brought
to our lives.

Our world revolved around this little girl.
We felt so blessed.


Many days were spent, trying to make her
laugh, talk, sleep, learn and love.

School days started and Mom wept with
sadness at how quickly life had
been passing by. It was time
for school and books and other people
in her life besides her Mom and Dad.

Ammah started reading with in 2 weeks
of attending Kindergarten at Noah Webster
Basic School. Mom cried that day too.

Ammah learned what fun was at a very young
age and always wanted to be doing something
or going somewhere special.

Rocky Point was the most "special"

place Ammah wanted to be. The
ocean and beach have always been
her favorite vacations.

Ammah started dance lessons when
she was only 3 years old and
studied tap, jazz and ballet
for 14 years. Watching Ammah
dance over the years has been
a privilege and a joy.


She has been able to perform
at many venues over the years

including parades, balls, Senior Centers
Disneyland, competitions and
the State Fair.

Graduation into Jr. High was
a big step in growing up. Studies
were harder, relationships with
both boys and girls were
formed and I could see the
beginning of my letting go coming
straight ahead.Cheer was a

wonderful highlite of 9th grade.

I love this picture of Ammah
and Amelia at recital time.
She is an amazing big
sister and loves Amelia and
Andelyn with
all her heart.

It has been so fun watching Ammah
turn into the beautiful daughter
she is.Shopping for clothes together
wasn't always the easiest adventure
but I'll always remember how proud I
felt when she walked out the door
in appropriate, fashionable attire.Her
last two years of High School were busy
with dance, dates, friends and group outings.

Senior portraits! So pretty. How
could the time have passed by so quickly?

Ammah has blossomed into a smart,
thoughtful, reserverd young woman. I'm
sure her Heavenly Father is well pleased
with her and all she has become.

Graduation Day. It rained.. no it poured
the entire duration of the ceremony.
I think it was very memorable. The graduates

seemed to enjoy themselves very much.
Congratulations Ammah. It seems like
an end but really it's just the beginning.
Here is to our new relationship as
parents of an almost adult daughter.
College here she comes.

6 comments:

The Heaps said...

What a beautiful post! She sounds like she is an incredible young woman and what a wonderful job you have done as her parents! Congrats to the graduate!!

sarahtuckett said...

Can I say, I need kleenex after reading this post....

Shannon, she is such a beautiful girl, both on the inside and out. It has gone so fast, too fast. How did our girls get so grown up?

She has a great mom and dad that have helped her. Good Job!

Leah Martineau said...

Wow... She is so beautiful!!I can't even imagine my little ones graduating from highschool and yet it will be here before I know it. You also still don't old enough to have an almost 18 year old. Congrats to her and I wish her the best in the new chapter of life.

ps so you still take family photos??? or who would you recommend?

Celeste said...

Hmmm. I don't know which is better being soaked from pouring rain on graduation day or soaking from sweat from a 100 degree weather day? Yikes. Shannon you do not look old enough to have a daughter graduating from High School. Wow. Congrats to Ammah. I'm excited to serve in the YW now and get to know your girls a little bit better. They are just beautiful. They must take after their mama :)

And in regards to the blanket- I wish I could say I made it, but I just picked out the fabric. My mom crocheted the edge. I need to learn how to crochet. When I learn that stitch, I'll teach you :)

diana said...

what a great post!

i am so glad i got to know ammah better these past few days. she is such a beautiful young woman all around. you have raised and taught her well and i was so honored to have had the opportunity to be her leader up at camp. you deserve to be one proud mama.

nicole said...

shannon, that was such a sweet tribute to ammah. i have loved getting to know her in yw...and i'm really glad we get to keep her around for just a little longer. she is one special girl...i'm sure she makes you so proud.

LOVED all the photos, too!