Friday, November 28, 2008

My Own Lemon Drop Cookies!


Okay - I can't take all the credit for these scrumptious lemon drop cookies. The original recipe was given to me from a friend who got it from a friend and here is the original in CHOCOLATE!
( I call them Devil Drops)

1 Box Devils Food Cake Mix
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
Mix together.

Roll into small balls, roll in sugar if desired (we don't like the sugar) (can also add a 1/2 a tootsie roll in center and roll into a ball,) bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 340* for 6 minutes. Oven and cooking times may vary but this has been my ideal bake temp and cook time.

Here is where I come in.. "ooooh I wonder what other kinds of cake mixes could make this cookie?" and because I am a lemon of any kind dessert lover I immediately wanted to try a lemon cake mix. I had to fidge and fudge with it a little to get the consistency just right. I've now brought them to a party, given them to neighbors and also made them on Thanks Giving day and they were a hit so I'm assuming they really are yummy and it's not just me. If you give them a try please feel free to let me know if you liked them too.I think I might try a cherry chip cookie next time.


(Soft and Chewy Lemon Drops)
By Shannon Jones
1 box lemon cake mix (any kind)
2 eggs
1/3 cup oil
2-3 tbs of lemon juice (depending on how lemony you like your treats)
1/4 cup all purpose flower
1/2 cup granulated sugar
Mix well!

Roll into small balls and bake at 340* for 6 to 7 minutes on an ungreased cookie sheet. Let cool before taking off cookie sheet. Makes about 3 dozen small cookies. Optional ideas - Roll in sugar before baking or top with lemon frosting which would be extremely sweet but fancy like.

4 comments:

coco said...

Yah my friend Peggy told me about these cake mix cookies a few years ago. It is way fun to experiment with. Looks yummy

nicole said...

shannon, how fun that you started a blog...it's such a great way to get to know people (and their families) better.

i love your beautiful family. hope you don't mind if i pop in every once in a while to see what's new...

thanks for the sweet comment (on my blog)...it totally made my day!

nicole said...

btw, those cookies sound so yummy...i'll have to try them out!

sarahtuckett said...

Yummy -- i love making all kinds of creations with the cake mix cookies....the chocolate ones are good with a rolo in them too... Mary and Julie always made the funfetti cake mix and added white choc chips... yummy... i will have to go make some cookies.